Almost always the success of an event comes down to the quality of the speaker. If they are outstanding, you had a great event. If they weren’t, well … you had a disappointing event.
But finding just the right speaker for your event can often be a major challenge.
My hope is that this page will make it a little easier for you to get the information you need to make the best decision possible.
Thank you for stopping by and thanks for considering me.
I have divided the page into the following sections providing an overview of what I can offer you and your organization.
- What To Expect
- My Most Requested Topics
- What Others Are Saying
- Past Speaking Events and Video Clips
- The Next Step
What To Expect
Here is what you can expect from me and my team:
- Prompt, professional replies to your phone calls and email messages.
- A phone consultation and questionnaire prior to your event, so we can better understand your needs and how I can best serve you and your audience.
- An announcement promoting your event on my blog and social media channels. (This assumes that your event is open to the public and you would like additional promotion for it.)
- A professionally prepared, dynamically delivered presentation focused on achieving the outcomes you want with your audience.
- A downloadable copy of my slide presentation, along with links to resources I believe will be helpful.
- A quick follow-up communication after the event with someone on my team, to make sure I met your expectations. (I also appreciate knowing how you think I can improve.)
My Most Requested Topics
As a Public Speaker I am available on a limited basis for seminars, workshop facilitation and other corporate, public or non-profit events. I speak on topics related to leadership, productivity, digital marketing and social media. I will always customize my presentation to meet your organization’s specific needs. My goal is to facilitate the outcome you want to create. Some of the speaking topics I have delivered:
My most requested topics include the following. Please keep in mind that I can present these as a keynote or a workshop. Also, I have a half-day, and in some cases, full-day seminar version.
LinkedIn – Taking Your Connections to Clients
Internet Marketing 101 Bootcamp – Getting More Leads From Your Website
How To Succeed Online Today – SEO to Social to Content to Mobile
Learn To Choose The Right Social Media Channel(s) For Your Organization
Crown The King – Content Marketing Is Much More Than Blogging
Leadership – The 12 Critical Factors That Every Leader Must Know
Digital Marketing – Building Your Business in an Online World
eCommerce 101 – How To Begin Selling Online
What Others Are Saying
“I have worked with Steve Loates on 4 separate events we hosted for our Small Business Community. Steve’s knowledge on Social Media and how it can positively impact your business growth, his experience on the do’s and don’ts of SEO, are valuable to any business. His ability to present his expertise in a clear and defined manner was well received by all attendees. I continue to draw on Steve’s expertise for my client needs. ”
Sherril Wright – Branch Manager at RBC
“I’ve known and worked with Steve Loates since 2010. I have found Steve to be an expert in his field, always learning and improving his considerable abilities. One of the areas that Steve has developed is in his speaking. I have had Steve present at several of my planning days and client workshops and the reviews are always the same: Fantastic. I’ve also had he honour of sharing the stage with Steve at several public events, and he is a real pro to work with.
Steve’s speaking style is forthright, straight shooting, and always educational. I always enjoy Steve’s presentations whether they be on business success, Internet marketing, or personal development, and without fail, walk out with several gold nuggets of insight that I can put to work in my own life and business.
If you are considering a speaker for your client event, for your team or your association, and you want to provide an engaging speaker that will impress your audience, you need Steve Loates.”
Dan Holstein – Business Coach at ActionCOACH Business Coaching
Past Speaking Events and Video Clips
Here is a list of some of my recent speaking engagements, including several video links, and the organizations where I presented:
- The Centre for Skills Training and Development – Social Media Overview (Social Media Workshop Video)
- We Are Limitless – Leadership Conference (Leadership Video)
- The Chamber of Commerce – LinkedIn Seminar (LinkedIn Seminar Video)
- Halton Region – G.R.O.W. – Web Design, SEO, Mobile and Social Media (Session #1 & Session #2 Videos)
- Schooley Mitchell Consultants – LinkedIn Seminar (Video Testimonial)
- Action Coach (Canada) – SEO 101 and Internet Marketing
- Royal Bank (RBC – Halton Region) – SEO 101 and Internet Marketing
- Oakville BIA – Internet Marketing, SEO and Blogging
- Neighbour to Neighbour (Non-Profit) – LinkedIn Seminar
- Guelph University – Entrepreneurship and Internet Marketing
- Social Media Conference – Social Big Bang
- BNI – Corporate Connections – Internet Marketing and LinkedIn
- HR Roundtable – How to Build Your HR Profile for LinkedIn
- Hamilton Administrators of Volunteers – Linkedin Seminar (Video Testimonial)
- TV Interview for “Pay Yourself First” (Interview Video)
- Parents of Halton Region – Staying Smart and Keeping Your Kids Safe on Social Media
- Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) – Social Media Workshop (Video Testimonial)
The Next Step
Thank you again for considering me. You can take the next step by reaching out to me by email at steve at steveloates dot com or by calling (905) 333 9637
You can also learn more about my personal experience and background here.